Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Lemon pepper chicken

Yesterday before work, I decided spur of the moment to put a meal together in the slow cooker.  That isn't a usual thing for me, partly because we don't always have the ingredients and partly because in the morning I'm in such a rush.  So while the girls were getting dressed for the day, I dug out my slow cooker and threw in a few handfuls of baby carrots, some frozen chicken tenders, and poured a little lemon pepper marinade over it.  I set the slow cooker for low and it cooked a little over 8 hrs.  My husband made microwave "baked" red potatoes when we got home and dinner was very good.  It was a nice, simple meal for just being thrown together.

A few notes: When using chicken tenders, they cook faster, so it would have been better to take them out at the 6 hour mark probably....ours were moist until you let them sit out of the juices for more than a few minutes.  I think the time would have been perfect for chicken breasts.  Also, I could have added additional vegetables with the carrots, but I didn't want to take the time to cut anything up.  We have done a similar recipe before where we added mushrooms and potatoes and it was really good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...