Monday, October 5, 2009

Kids snack mix

Around Christmas time, my aunt makes Chex Mix (with Crispex now though).  She does a regular flavor and a spicy flavor.  I always love it, but never make it for myself.  My daughter was looking through a cookbook we got from the library and she pointed to a recipe and said, "Can we have chex mix?"  It is a great recipe that doesn't involve the oven, so my 4 year old did the whole recipe by herself.

6 cups rice/corn cereal (we used the Walmart brand and it tasted just the same as the brand name)
3 cups pretzles
1 10 oz package oyster/soup crackers
1/3 c vegetable oil
1 package dry Ranch seasoning mix

When we made it, I halved the recipe thinking that it would be too much, but after putting it in our container it wasn't that much.  So next time I'm going to make the full amount.  Also, I added some of my dry Italian seasoning mix to it to give it extra flavor and it was tasty.  It'd been a hit all week.  The great part is that it's a basic recipe that you can change for your family.  I'm going to put some slivered almonds in next time because we like those.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...