Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Meatballs

I made some yummy meatballs the other day and cooked them in a sweet and sour sauce.  I need to fix the recipe for the sauce, but the meatballs were really good.  I don't usually do green onions, but they sounded good that night and I thought they went well with the sweet and sour.  This recipe makes about 18 meatballs.

1 pound ground meat (1/2 lb beef and 1/2 lb turkey)
1 egg
1/3 c breadcrumbs
dash pepper
dash salt
1/4 t onion powder
1/4 t garlic powder
dash italian seasonings
5 baby carrots, finely grated (you can add any vegetable of your choice, or leave them out)
2 green onions, chopped fine

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
Heat skillet over med to med-high heat.
Shape meatballs to be about 1 1/2 inch wide.
Spray pan with cooking spray.  Brown meatballs on all sides. (about 8-10 minutes)
If skillet is oven safe, then put into the oven to bake for 10 minutes.  If skillet is not oven safe, transfer to a small casserole dish and bake.
Add sauce of your choice to meatballs and return to oven for an additional 15 minutes.  Check a few times and re-cover meatballs with sauce if needed.
  Serve with spaghetti, mashed potatoes, rice, or other pasta.

2 comments:

  1. Yum!! I'll have to try those soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm, I need to try this. I am a bit of a wimp when it comes to meat things (i.e. meatballs, meatloaf) because mine don't turn out. I'm printing this one to try out!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...