Thursday, August 19, 2010

Basil e Garlicky Pasta

I love this dish. An Italian friend told me the recipe, but I don't remember exactly what she does, since I've modified it!! Here's my take on it!


1 pkg egg noodles
5 T of butter
1- 2 handfuls Basil, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, minced
Salt
1/4 c. pine nuts, toasted (opt)
1/4 c. Parmesan Cheese (opt)






Cook noodles as directed for al dente. Drain. Meanwhile, melt butter in a heavy pan on medium. Reduce heat to low, add garlic. Let garlic cook for a minute til just slightly brown. Add noodles to pan, toss. Add basil, salt, and pine nuts, toss. Keep heat on until the basil has slightly wilted. Remove from heat. Serve. Sprinkle cheese on pasta. YUM!

2 comments:

  1. What is the texture of the basil after cooking? Is it like spinach?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not quite as limp as spinach. It does wilt, but it holds more of its shape than spinach. It does darken though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...