Friday, September 10, 2010

Kitchen Tip

I was cutting onions to make a salad today and I couldn't see because I was crying so much.  I was thinking-there has to be a better way to cut onions so I don't cry.  I know that they make onion-cutting goggles you can wear (much like swim goggles).  Then I remembered a scene from one of my favorite TV shows "Veronica Mars".  They were cutting up onions with metal spoons in their mouth and they said that it stopped them from crying.  I was thinking to myself that it was a TV show and probably just made it up, but I decided to try it anyway.  It worked!  I could still smell the onions, but it didn't bother me at all.  I guess you can learn something from watching tv.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how that possibly works, but tried it yesterday... and it did. Weird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my daughter helps me chop onions, she puts on her ski goggles or her swim goggles. (which ever the season) It works perfectly and we have a little giggle together, what could be better!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...