Thursday, September 3, 2009

Butterfly

I love to butterfly or thin cut my chicken breast. I love it. I'm almost adamant about it! Here's why. First, it cooks much more quickly (saves time for last minute planners, like me) and doesn't dry out before the center is cooked through. Also, the seasoning/marinade goes all the way through because the pieces are thinner. And... it saves money (not theoretically proven, but I'm working on it). My theory is that when you serve a breast of chicken, it will be eaten, regardless of its thickness. I've noticed that 1/2 thickness is usually filling enough not to need seconds. So, you are stretching out your chicken budget! Okay, so if you've never butterflied, here's the quick version: Take a chicken breast, remove fat, rinse in water, lay chicken on cutting board,  cut through the chicken (knife parallel to the cutting board) to halve its thickness....

1 comment:

  1. I laughed when I got to the 'and it saves money' part. Oh Jen, love ya love ya love ya :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...