Thursday, September 3, 2009

Measuring cups are worthwhile... every once in a while!

When I make soup, I make enough for an army. So, I haven't been cooking much, since we've been eating soup at least once a day! Anyway, I was thinking that since I don't have a recipe to post, I'll post another aha 'kitchen' moment. So, if you've read many of my posts, you know I don't follow recipes much. I've tried to create the recipes here from my head so that you can get a general idea of how to make the dish, but I like to improvise.  By being creative with your recipes and ideas, you can make a dish that will suit your tastes to a tee! BUT... I realized there is a time and a place for measuring!!  I am a stickler for measuring the ingredients when I make oatmeal and rice, etc. I always measure those! I've realized that texture is a big deal to me. I don't do well with clumpy food and its inevitable if I don't measure the rice or oatmeal,  that I end up with mushy clumps! So, be creative, but be wise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...