Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sushi

No, I'm not a sushi chef.  But in the last month I have become a sushi eater.  About 11 years ago I tried it for the first time when my friend Sabrina made it while I was visiting for a college graduation.  It was good, but at the time there weren't lots of sushi places, so I forgot about it.  In the past two months, my husband would bring home the mini california rolls.  So after a while of my being a little skeptical about them, I decided to try them.  I figured...well, I love avacado, so I might as well try it.  Avacado-yum Cucumber-yum sticky rice-yum. green wrap-no taste so it's okay  fish-barely tasteful  So all around it was a good experience.  Now I stop by the local grocery store that has a nice man that makes sushi.  I always buy it and tell my husband that he can take it to work for dinner, then I have one before he leaves.  This week he didn't take it with him.  So I took out the package and had two rolls for dinner.  My 4 year old daughter asked what it was and I told her.  She asked if she could have a bite and I let her.  Then she wanted the whole thing.  She really liked it a lot.  I was proud of her for trying something new and liking it.  It's always hard for me to get my girls to try anything.  I guess it just had to look fun. =)

1 comment:

  1. ooohhh :) I had a cameo in your blog! Sushi is what I craved my whole pregnancy :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...