Thursday, December 24, 2009

Shepherd's Pie


I've made the basic recipe for this a few times.  I decided to use up some of the veggies I had in the refrigerator this time and just added what I had.  It ended up turning out really good.  So if you don't like my veggie choice, put whatever you want in.  I used to just use canned corn, but anything works.

1-2 lbs ground beef
1 can cream of mushroom soup (or broccoli, celery, potato)
1/4 can water
dash of pepper
3 shakes celery salt
6 shakes garlic powder
4 shakes onion powder
6 oz mushrooms, halved and sliced
handful of baby carrots, sliced
3 hadfuls of broccoli, small pieces
5 medium potatoes (i like yukon gold), mashed
Grated cheese (as much as you like.

Preheat oven to 350.  Brown the beef in a frying pan.  Drain most of grease. Add seasonings.  Add mushrooms and saute 3 minutes.  Add carrots and broccoli.  Add can of soup and water.  Mix well.  Pour contents into a 9x13 pan.  Top with mashed potatoes.  Bake for 20 minutes.  Sprinkle cheese on top and bake additional 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...