Thursday, December 31, 2009

Gnocchi update

I went to a grocery store the other day and was walking down the pasta aisle.  They had hard, dried, thin pasta that was named gnocchi.  I think that if you were to do a baked gnocchi with that, it would be tasty.  If you find the soft, plump rounded gnocchi, find a different recipe.  So the gnocchi recipe is this:
  Cook the gnocchi in boiling chicken broth.  Follow the directions on the package.  Drain the gnocchi.  Place in baking pan and sprinkle mozzerella and parmesean cheese on top.  Broil for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.  Serve with crusty bread and a nice salad.

1 comment:

  1. I saw a recipe for making your own (http://leitesculinaria.com/26704/recipes-gnocchi-canora.html). I haven't tried it, but I thought I'd pass it on! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...