Saturday, August 29, 2009

Smoothie

Emma loves it when I make smoothies for breakfast.  It's a nice way to get fruit in the mornings.  The amounts depend on how big you want the smoothie to be.  My recipe makes about 36 oz (enough for my 4 year old, my husband, and myself).

16 oz orange juice
3 small scoops orange sherbet
8 frozen whole strawberries
handful of frozen peaches
half a sliced banana

Add the ingredients in that order to a blender.  Blend until smooth.  You may have to turn off blender periodically and shake blender to move the frozen items so they don't get stuck in the blender blades.

If you want a thicker smoothie, add a scoop of ice after the last of the fruit.  You can use any juice you would like paired with any fruit you like also.  For a creamier smoothie you may use frozen yogurt or ice cream instead of the sherbet.

1 comment:

  1. You sure are a smoothie expert!! ... I always liked my (siac) with plain yogurt too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...